The Market Share Group (MSG) is a marketing agency based in Davidson, North Carolina. We create marketing solutions that drive sales for mainstream brands through a strong marketing strategy, strong sports and entertainment properties and a ‘roll up our sleeves’ mindset. We are looking for strong team players who can and are ready to make an impact to join our team. Learn more about our work on www.themarketsharegroup.com.
The Event Marketing Manager is the primary point of contact for events and sponsorship activations and is responsible for the design, creation and delivery of experiential marketing programs for our clients.
• Serve as a project manager for customer experiential marketing events
• Create appropriate experiences designed to engage consumers on behalf of our clients’ brands
• Manage the development process for events to include creative design, content message and clear customer goals
Select and manage third party vendors to meet customer expectations including, but not limited to: staffing, event technology, event production, and promotional products
• Provide and develop expertise on the latest marketing solutions in the field of experience
• Ensure customer satisfaction through attention to detail, rapid responsiveness and anticipation of customer needs
• Contribute and maintain a collaborative environment to deliver the best solutions and execution that exceeds client expectations
• Create a reporting system and summary / reporting process for customer events
• Prepare budget recommendations and communicate periodic progress reports to management on actual expenses, cost savings, opportunity costs and any discrepancies
• Assist the CEO and senior account managers in client relations, as assigned
• Demonstrate initiative to learn, develop relationships and develop a set of project management skills
• Provide ongoing research and support for new customer briefs and new sales pitches
• Keep in touch with industry contacts and industry news with the aim of keeping MSG ahead of industry marketing trends and movements.
• Help with the integration of new customers
• Summarize and evaluate the performance and results of each event and come up with new ideas to improve the process of planning and implementing the event, as appropriate.
• Foster the MSG culture with clients and across the business to ensure the achievement of MSG’s vision and unity of purpose
• Participate in special projects and perform additional tasks as needed
• Work daily to make ourselves better
Education and experience:
• Minimum of three years of experience with experience in marketing, event planning or account management in an agency environment
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
Skills and attitudes:
• Strong appreciation for the marketing profession
• Positive attitude and desire to do a good job
• Energized by people and relationships
• Good interpersonal communication skills (ie, listening, speaking in small groups, having a coachable attitude, being ready to have difficult conversations)
• Flexible interpersonal skills that foster relationships between a variety of partners and clients
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Demonstrate creative and proactive thinking
• Ability to prioritize work effectively to achieve timely results
• Strong organizational skills to plan and manage time effectively
• A valid driver’s license
• Ability to fly and travel up to 30%
• Able to attend indoor events with mass gatherings in a variety of states and venues
$ 55,000 per year with health coverage and 401K.