Sylvester Stallone’s props from Rocky, Rambo and more go up for auction
Accessories Rocky and other Sylvester stallone films are put up for auction, giving collectors with burnt money a chance to own a piece or two of movie history. The auction is from Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills as part of their “Property From The Life And Career of Sylvester Stallone” event. Many films of the Rocky and Rambo franchises get several props and other memorabilia up for auction, although several other action films from his career are also featured.
“Sylvester Stallone is one of the great icons and immense talent of the 20th and 21st centuries who is the epitome of a multi-hyphenated Hollywood superstar,” said Darren Julien, CEO / President of Julien’s Auctions. “With a remarkable career that began over 50 years ago and shows no signs of ending today, he changed the world and the universe of action film by giving us two of the most important heroes and cultural symbols. biggest and most durable in Hollywood, Rocky and Rambo. Julien’s Auctions is proud to present this epic auction which is sourced entirely from the personal collection of this magnanimous man, myth, legend, Sylvester Stallone. “
There are many items up for auction for Rocky franchise fans. This includes Stallone’s original handwritten notebooks filled with story development ideas for the first four. Rocky movies; the boxing mouthguard worn by Stallone in Rocky; his boxing gloves Rocky III, with other pairs of Creed installments; the list of invitations Rocky as winner for Best Picture at the 34th Annual Golden Globe Awards in 1977; original poster concept illustration for Rocky by Tom Jung and Rocky IV by Drew Struzan; and much more.
Do not think that the Rambo the fans have been forgotten. Some of the items representing this franchise include a collection of knives from the top three Rambo movies; an original Rambo: First Blood Part II poster with illustration by Renato Casaro signed by Stallone; John Rambo’s Arrow Quiver and Headband Rambo: First Blood Part II; a Luminor Panerai patch worn in Rambo, as well as the character’s duffel bag and crossed collar; a John Rambo machete from Rambo: last blood; and like Rocky, much more.
Other films from Stallone’s career will also have props up for auction. Some of these include a full costume designed by Gianni Versace as well as the helmet and cast face of Judge Dredd; a helmet and knife collar, throwing knives and a Luminor Panerai badge from The Expendables; Stallone’s sheriff’s uniform Cop lands; a Suspense arm sculpture; his prison uniform and his boots Evacuation plan; and other articles.
Meanwhile, Stallone is still at the top of his game in Hollywood since his first Hollywood appearance with Rocky in the 1970s. The suicide squad Reaching No.1 at the box office meant the actor had now starred in a No.1 movie in each of the past six decades. He’s also currently preparing to shoot The Expendables 4, showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
The auction will be held at Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills for those wishing to bid in person on Sunday, December 5, 2021. Others can still watch the action or bid online at the official site. You can read more about what’s up for auction at Julien’s Auctions.
- Highlights of the auction include numerous film items and iconography from the flagship film Rocky from 1976 and subsequent sequels such as:
- Sylvester Stallone’s original handwritten notebooks filled with story development ideas for the first four films in the classic Rocky film series.
- His boxing gloves from films such as Rocky III;
- And training boxing gloves from Rocky Balboa;
- As well as other boxing gloves from the Creed installments;
- The announcement card listing Rocky as the winner for Best Picture at the 34th Golden Globe Awards in 1977;
- Original movie poster artwork for Rocky by Tom Jung and Rocky IV by Drew Struzan; – the boxing mouthguard worn by Stallone as Rocky in the 1976 film;
- Original artwork of Leroy Neiman from Hulk Hogan fighting Sylvester Stallone from the set of Rocky III;
- An acrylic display with Rocky themed boxing shorts, produced for Planet Hollywood;
- A boxing training mat signed Sylvester Stallone from Creed;
- A Rocky II Leo Sewell sculpture; Creed Air Jordan Boxing Shoes and more.
- From the Rambo movie franchise, a range of items will be offered, including:
- A collection of knives from the first three films of the hit action series;
- An original illustration of the Rambo: First Blood Part II poster concept signed Sylvester Stallone by Renato Casaro;
- A John Rambo arrow quiver from Rambo: First Blood Part II;
- A headband worn by Stallone in Rambo: First Blood Part II;
- An original pre-production working script, with many handwritten notes and corrections, for Stallone’s favorite episode of the Rambo film series, Rambo in 2008;
- A Luminor Panerai watch worn in Rambo;
- The sports bag used by Stallone as John Rambo in Rambo;
- The cross necklace worn by Stallone as John Rambo in Rambo;
- His combat boots worn in Rambo: Last Blood;
- A “John Rambo” sweatshirt display signed Sylvester Stallone from Rambo: First Blood;
- A stunt assault rifle accessory from Rambo: First Blood II;
- A John Rambo machete from Rambo: Last Blood and others.
- Other action-packed articles from Stallone’s greatest films will be featured such as:
- A full costume designed by Gianni Versace and a helmet and face cast by Judd Dredd;
- A helmet and a knife necklace, throwing knives and a Luminor Panerai watch used by Stallone as Barney Ross in The Expendables;
- A leather thumb brace with skull snaps used on-screen and worn by Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross in The Expendables 3;
- A crow sculpture with guns from The Expendables;
- A sculpture of Sylvester Stallone Demolition Man ($ 3,000 to $ 5,000);
- An acrobatic pistol prop used by Sylvester Stallone as Robert Rath in Assassins;
- His sheriff’s uniform worn like his character Freddy Heflin in Cop Land;
- His prison uniform and boots worn by Stallone for his character Ray Breslin / Anthony Portos in Escape Plan;
- A Cliffhanger arm sculpture and more.
Subjects: Rocky, Rambo